Cost per Thousand (CPM)
CPM – meaning cost per thousand, is a broadcast to an agreed number of people. This tends to be targeted to a specific audience and is an effective way of driving exposure, traffic and sales to your website. Pre-targeted emails ensure you reach people in your core market, based on known characteristics and makes sure that your message is seen by the people who are most likely to respond to your advert in order to get the best results.
There are a number of benefits to running an email campaign in this way including:
- Ability to time campaigns for optimal results – whether time of the day / day of the week / promoting any special offers / key events we can ensure that your advert is broadcast at the ideal time to ensure the best possible outcome
- Ability to increase exposure to core audience – we can target your key audience to ensure high levels of engagement with the people who are most likely to respond to your campaign and generate greater long term value
- Audience insight and optimisation – through accurate tracking and optimisation we can focus budgets on the highest responding groups to increase return on investment
There are a wide number of factors that can be used to select an audience, with the most popular being:
- Demographic Information – Age, gender, income
- Geographical area – Postcode, town, county, country
- Interests – Sport, fashion, travel
- Purchases – What have they bought? What do they want to buy?
- Responsiveness/Activity Levels – Do they respond to similar offers?
- Other Audiences
- Investments – looking for investments/level of investment
- Students – degree, year, university
- New Mothers – age of child, gender of child
As a rule, the best approach to running a campaign is to consider numerous factors that help build up an overall picture of your potential customers, this includes email creative and subject lines as well as targeting factors. By testing these variables we can understand what works most effectively and who responds best to your offers and focus the campaign on these aspects as it progresses.
With a huge amount of data in the market and hundreds of lists there are a bewildering number of options available. With our expertise and honest, open approach to advertising we can work with you to ensure that your campaign delivers the customers and results that you need.